Join the conversation: Auburn town hall to discuss mental health
Auburn Reporter - 5/19/2018
Mayor Nancy Backus and representatives from throughout the community will come together to learn more about mental health resources and challenges facing Auburn and the region during a town hall discussion on Thursday, May 31.
The event is from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Auburn Community & Event Center, 910 Ninth St. SE. It will begin with a short panel discussion by subject matter experts and will then transition into an audience dialogue about mental health services, including time for audience questions to the panel.
Other panel members will include:
• Terri Herren, Auburn Mountainview High School principal
• Jim Vollendroff, director, King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division
• Anne McBride, vice president, CHI Franciscan Behavioral Health and Post Acute Services
• Kevin Olson, deputy chief, Valley Regional Fire Authority
• Valley Cities representatives
• Carissa Streich, project ,anager, DESC Mobile Crisis Team
Mental Health News
D204 board puts deferred maintenance work, more mental health staff among the top priorities for coming school year
Read Article »
Emphasis on 'educating the whole child' includes more mental health services at PPS
Read Article »
Developmental Disabilities News
Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP)
- Learn more about Mary Ellen Copeland's Wellness Recovery Action Planning (WRAP),
the format for organizing wellness tools into action plans in order to deal with Life's challenges, especially those related to mental illness.
- Learn About WRAP »